- D-H Court
DEWEY-HUMBOLDT MAGISTRATE COURT
About Magistrate Court
The Dewey-Humboldt Magistrate Court is a court of limited jurisdiction, having concurrent jurisdiction with the Justice of the Peace Court and the Superior Court of Arizona for matters as designated by Arizona State Statutes, to and including violations of Town Ordinance and Code.
The Presiding Magistrate is appointed by the Town Council for a 2 or 4 year term as prescribed by the Town Code.
This court has jurisdiction over the following:
- Civil Traffic Offenses
- Criminal Misdemeanors
- Criminal Traffic Offenses
- Harassment Injunctions / Orders of Protection
- Juvenile Offenses
- Marriage Ceremonies
- Petty Offenses
- Search Warrants
- Town Ordinance and Town Code Violations occurring within the Town Limits
- Do I have to go to Court?
- What happens if I do not appear in Court?
- What do I do if I want to fight a ticket?
- Can I go to Defensive Driving School (DDS)?
- How much will it cost if I just want to pay the ticket?
- How can I pay the ticket?
- What if I can't pay my fine by my court date?
- Did I get a ticket or a warning?
- Can I get my court day changed?