Due to increasing drought
conditions, very high fire danger and public safety concerns, the Prescott NFwill implement an area closure on the Bradshaw RD Friday, June 1st @ 8:00am.
Areas outside of the closure will remain in Stage II Fire Restrictions.
All approved vehicle travel roads and non-motorized trails, which the closure boundary parallels but does not overlay, are open for public use except for the following prohibited roads:
● Forest Road 97B
● Forest Road 9403C
● Note: Traveling upon Forest Fuel breaks is prohibited
Violating any fire restrictions is a violation that carries a mandatory appearance in federal court, punishable as a Class B misdemeanor with a fine of up to $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or up to six months in prison, or both.
The public can obtain additional fire information via the following:
● Arizona Fire Restrictions: https://firerestrictions.us/az
● Public Lands in Arizona: www.wildlandfire.AZ.gov or call 1-877-864-6985
● Prescott National Forest Web Site: https://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott/
● Local Ranger Stations: Bradshaw Ranger District, (928) 443-8000; Chino Valley Ranger District (928) 777-2200; Verde Ranger District (928) 567-4121