Board of Adjustment
Meets the 4th Tuesday of each month, if needed.
2735 S Highway 69
Humboldt, AZ 86329
- Chair Ted Brooks
- Vice Chair Linda Horvath
- Ulys Brooks
- Gary Ford
- Cheryl Taylor
Terms expiring in Feb of 2019: Linda Horvath, Gary Ford
Terms expiring in Feb of 2021: Ted Brooks, Ulys Brooks, Cheryl Taylor
- The Town of Dewey-Humboldt is required by state law to establish a Board of Adjustment with the following powers and duties:
- Hear and decide appeals from a decision, determination or interpretation made by the Zoning Administrator, in which it is alleged there is an error in an order, requirement or decision made by the Zoning Administrator in the enforcement of a zoning ordinance
- Hear and decide appeals for variances from the terms of the zoning ordinance only if, because of special circumstances applicable to the property, including its size, shape, topography, location, or surroundings, the strict application of the zoning ordinance will deprive such property of privileges enjoyed by other property of the same classification in the same zoning district. Any variance granted
shall be subject to such conditions as will assure that the adjustment authorized shall not constitute a grant of special privileges inconsistent with the limitations upon other properties in the vicinity and zone in which such property is located
- Hear and decide appeals from decisions of the Zoning Administrator in requests for adjustments as set forth in division below
- Reverse or affirm, wholly or partly, or modify the order or decision appealed from and make such order or decision as ought to be made
- Interpret this chapter when the meaning of any word, phrase, or section is in doubt, or where doubt exists as to the proper district of a specific use.
- The Board of Adjustment (BOA) is not intended to meet often, only as needed. Board of Adjustment will be a five member Board. Three will serve a four year terms and two serve two year terms.